Fact Sheet

  • Mail Away is a new mail redirection service in Queensland. If you are planning to travel and want your mail collected safely and reliable for you, then contact Mail Away.

  • Your mail is sent to our Post Office Box and collected daily then awaits for your latest mailing address so it can be forwarded to you.

  • We are able to forward your mail to you anywhere in Australia.

  • Even going overseas for a short break Mail Away can forward your mail to you whenever or wherever you require it to be sent to.

To be able to receive mail while travelling it is simple as filling in a few forms. (more details see 'Registration')

  • Mail Away application form
  • Application for enrolment as an Itinerant Elector form (an elector with no permanent residential address) if required.
    (more info click here )

After registration Mail Away will contact you with your Mail Away registration number, which is to be quoted on any correspondence you will be receiving. This is to identify you if there is an identical name already in our databases.

Before departing on your travels please advise all correspondents to write to you using this address format:

Your Name *
Mail Away
PO Box 666
Morayfield QLD 4506
DF Smith (12)
Mail Away
PO Box 666
Morayfield QLD 4506

* include your initials & your Mail Away registration number in brackets

When you require your mail to be posted to you all you have to do is contact Mail Away by email or phone before midday and we will have it forwarded to you that day.

Note: $50 advance postage fee is payable when applying for registration; this is to cover express posting to you when and where ever you nominate a postal address (this includes Post Offices). As this advance is used, Mail Away will request for a top up of your advance postage deposit.

Are you eligible to enrol as an itinerant elector? 

You are eligible to apply for if you do not have a 'real place of living'. A 'real place of living' includes one to which you have a fixed intention of returning to live, even if you are temporarily living elsewhere. 

You are not eligible to apply for itinerant enrolment if:

  • You have a real place of living (i.e. a place to which you have a fixed intention of returning to live, even if you are temporarily living somewhere else)
  • You intend leaving Australia for a short period
  • You are travelling around Australia on an extended trip, but intend returning to a fixed address
  • You regularly travel from your fixed address for extended periods in connection with work, such as travelling farm workers, fishing crews, mine workers

If you are unsure you can contact the Australian Electoral Commission on 132326 for any enrolment enquires.
Enrolment Information is also available at the AEC website at www.aec.gov.au and specifically for Itinerant elector status at this page where there is an Application Form.


Terms of Use | Privacy Statement

© 2010 Mail Away, Caboolture, Qld ABN 21 470 736 490  All rights reserved

Website By Mimbee Multimedia